As a valued member of our Paniolo Pediatric and Family Medicine family, we appreciate the trust you place in us and want to inform you about how we are addressing the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
We are closely monitoring events in our local community and continuously updating our policies and protocols as a result of new information.
Please know that our office is following all recommended guidance from public health authorities, including best practices for hygiene, infection control and medical professional team health. We feel confident in our ability to continue seeing patients and providing primary care according to the tradition of quality care that you have come to expect and deserve.
Our highest priority is to keep all of our Paniolo families, providers and staff as safe as possible.
Therefore, we have had to make some major changes in the way we service our families.
- Patients that do not need to be seen in office are being serviced via TELEHEALTH services. Our feedback on this implementation has been very positive thus far.
- We are scheduling all Newborn & Well Exams separate from any ill patients usually only in the mornings or in some instances in our Family Medicine clinic.
- We have asked that families have only one healthy family member chaperone minor patients.
- We are not utilizing our waiting areas whether well or sick. Patients are checking in via phone from their vehicles once in our parking area and triaged directly to exam rooms.
- If you have an appointment in the office, we ask that you and any child over the age of 2 wear a face mask
- We are screening our calls as carefully as possible but ask that you consider the following questions prior to scheduling an appointment in our office.
Have you traveled to a COVID-19 affected geographic area within 14 days of symptom onset? (China, Iran, S. Korea, Europe, cruise ship or any high-risk sites in U.S.)
Have you had close contact with a person who traveled to high risk sites or has COVID-19?
Do you have fever and respiratory symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, please call our office. Our providers will be happy to speak with you via phone or telehealth services and evaluate whether your situation would be better handled in a treatment setting best equipped for the situation.
Our physicians and answering services are available 24 hours a day.
We thank you for your continued trust and loyalty and know we will get through this together!
Paniolo Pediatric and Family Medicine Inc.
*** HMSA COMMERCIAL MEMBERS PLEASE REGISTER YOURSELF AND YOUR CHILDREN WITH https://hmsaonlinecare.com/landing.htm OR QUEST HMSA MEMBERS 18YRS OR OLDER. *** (THIS WILL HELP US EXPEDITE YOU OR YOUR CHILDS TELEHEALTH SERVICES SHOULD YOU NEED THEM)